Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort – John Ruskin, Artist
We’re extremely proud of what we do and the successes we achieve for our portfolio clients. We put it down to our unique place in the market boasting a team that has worked at the highest levels in both agency and supplier side affording us a unique insight into the mind of the end buyer, being able to speak their language and understand their needs is priceless and this has reaped rewards for our portfolio.
However, in the past few years we’ve worked with a number of clients who for whatever reason don’t sit within our portfolio, these one-off events and consultancy projects have been enormously successful and one even generated in excess of £6m enquiries for a roadshow over 4 days – yes you read that correctly, £6,000,000 (we also won a Gold Meetings Industry Marketing Award (MIMA), for that one too!!)
So it’s with this in mind that we’re now in a position to offer our services to a larger range of clients who may not be able to commit to a long-term arrangement or due to sensitivities do not want it to be known that they have sought external expertise (we’ve also designed the marketing strategy of one of the UK’s largest M&E agencies, but shhhhh we can’t and won’t tell anyone who they are).
So if the thought of signing up for a 12 month contract is just too big a step to take right now, perhaps we can tempt you with one or more of the following RAM’Tastic services:
- FAM Trips – you cannot beat the sales benefits from getting the right people from the right agencies to see your venue, hotel, destination or services at first hand. We will work with you on every single aspect of your trip, including but not limited to:
- Creative input for invitation and programme
- Design of invite
- Production of any printed material as required
- Qualified and targeted mailing database with analysis of click-thrus
- Negotiation with relevant suppliers (airlines, DMC’s, hotels etc.)
- Advise on programme and its suitability for UK market
- Accompanying the group if required (we always recommend it)
- Creation and collation of feedback form
- Final report
- Follow up ‘thank you’ postcard to each client
- Sales Blitz/Roadshow – Getting in front of relevant buyers and agencies is never easy for an individual property or destination and it won’t be getting any easier with the creation of the super-hotel chains such as Marriott acquiring Starwood and Accor buying Fairmont. The overrides and deals that will be put in place will ultimately mean that the big agencies will be pushing clients to use these behemoths squeezing opportunities even more.
We utilise our contacts and creative thinking to enable our clients to still get over the door and in-front of the buyers who make the decisions. How do we do it, well that’s a secret, but we might just tell you if you ask us very nicely. It’s particularly effective for a collective of suppliers, perhaps a Convention Bureau or niche hotel collection, all aimed to getting you face to face with the UK MICE market.
With buyers having less and less time available to meet an ever growing list of individual suppliers the RAM Road-shows have proved a very welcome format, even netting us a few MIMA Awards along the way. Here’s what’s included in a typical roadshow:
- Creativity and themeing
- Organisation of all appointments in a logistical fashion (UK buyers are widespread)
- All logistics; transport, accommodation, meals etc. all you have to do is step off the plane
- Fully detailed schedule with biographies and key facts about the agencies and agents you will be meeting (this is usually sent in advance so you have time to prepare)
- RAM in attendance to introduce you to the buyers
- Assistance with presentation material and sales technique
- After trip follow-up and delivery of contact details
- Training – You only get one chance to make a first impression so why do so many sales people in our industry get it so spectacularly wrong? Over the years we’ve seen some howlers and our friends in the agency world continually tell us more (filling your nails as a colleague presents is not the way to fill that ballroom with eager delegates), we’ve compiled a day’s training programme that will ensure your message gets across, you win business and most importantly you don’t reduce your audience to tears through PowerPoint overload!!
- Consultancy – We love our industry and are always happy to share our insights and expertise to help you shape your strategic direction, this is something we don’t just offer to suppliers (DMC’s, CVB’s, Venues and Hotels), we’ve also designed and implemented the marketing strategy of some of the biggest players in the agency world as well, which gives us another unique insight into the way the work (and ensuring we keep the doors open). Heck we even designed and successfully implemented a Brand Standards project for a luxury hotel group – we’re that good!
We’ll look at every facet of your business, producing everything from a situational analysis and SWOT report, we’ll even delve into your competitors to produce a road-map that will cover all your goals and objectives and will bring you the success and exposure your product demands.
- Leisure – Okay it’s not our core area of expertise which is why we’ve recently teamed up with a fantastic fresh and exciting Leisure Representation company SLC Representation who boast unrivalled expertise. We’re happy to create you a package that will see your needs covered in both M&E and Leisure.
- PR – We know how to get things noticed and have had an enormous amount of success in getting our portfolio’s messages out in the media, generating many thousands of pounds worth of column inches over the years. However, we’re realistic enough to know that if you want to take your PR to the next level then you have to employ a dedicated PR agency, and it is for this reason that we’re happy to work alongside the Triggerfish team who are an experienced marketing communications company dedicated to the business tourism and hospitality industries, specialists in building reputations, strengthening relationships and widening your reach.
We are delighted to be joining forces with the Team at RAM to help us spread the word about our wonderful location, unique facilities and great Doonbeg community. We have been aware of RAM’s dedicated approach to representing the best properties worldwide to the best meeting planners in the UK and having had the opportunity to work closely with Judy on a recent FAM trip to the West of Ireland, we knew we needed to be part of their portfolio. We are looking forward to working closely with the RAM Team and most importantly helping you, the Meeting Planner, exceed your clients’ expectations.
Director of Sales & Marketing - Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Doonbeg
Thanks again for everything Judy, it really was a super event and lots of nice leads coming through for the industry, which is what it's all about! (Meet In Ireland Summer Marketplace 2018)
Trade, Industry and Business Tourism Manager - Meet In Ireland
Galway Convention Bureau Ireland West is Ireland’s newest convention bureau. One of our objectives for 2018 was to increase the profile of our destination with MICE bookers in the UK. The convention bureau acquired the services of Judy Till and the RAM ORG team to do this by recruiting for a familiarisation trip to Galway. Judy has exceptional knowledge of UK agents and their business needs for Ireland. RAM ORG get the job done on time and have a skilled team to assist with all your needs. I would not hesitate to recommend RAM ORG.
Bureau Manager - Galway Convention Bureau
We loved the thought and detail from RAM that went into our promotions in the UK MICE market – in just over 24 hours we were able to meet so many UK clients and portray the city of Prague. Thank-you to all that attended and we hope that we can welcome you and many others to our city soon! (Prague Convention Bureau's 10th Anniversay UK Events Sept 2018)
Director - Prague Convention Bureau
A fabulous trip once again arranged by Ram. Very informative and full of beautiful, stunning locations and properties. RAM never fail to put on the best fams :)
Managing Director - PAC Conference & Event Management Ltd
As always it is an absolute pleasure to deal with the RAM Organisation – their professionalism and attention to detail is always a wonderful asset when away on a FAM. If there is something they don’t know, rest assured they will find out for you. Every FAM with RAM offers me a different perspective and route to market, with different and unique venues, hotels and areas to discover - one’s that we have not thought of before!
Owner - TY Enterprises
“We wanted to align ourselves with an organisation that could share our vision and help us to achieve our aims in promoting this important region, RAM Org understood this and we were delighted with their approach, creativity and the passion which really shone through, they want to be champions for the region and we are confident that they are really going to bring Flanders to life for the UK market”.
UK Director VISIT FLANDERS
As I said at last week’s MIMAs John (and congratulations again on deserved multiple success), your marketing materials are truly stand out. It’s the only circular I bother to read and the one I genuinely look forward to receiving, because you’re about the only company who makes an effort with style, content, thread and relevance. Keep up the great work.
Director of Healthcare Strategy - Zibrant
Judy Till’s office has been cooperating with us for over 12 years.
RAM have different clients with different needs. AIM being a DMC is interested in Corporate and Agency group events.
Judy’s team is highly professional, dedicated and committed to selling our services and makes dealing with the UK market a pleasure. I can highly recommend RAM.
Director English Department, AIM Group International Lisbon Office
RAM is a professional and well informed organisation with superb connections within the MICE market. Judy and her team are reliable and expert within their field and have provided fabulous support in terms of marketing and direct sales campaigns to GP Associates over the years.
No hesitation in recommending them - they will increase your profile in this market hugely!
MD GP Associates (Luxury 5* Hotel Collection)
Judy is an outstanding marketeer with a rigorous and organised approach. she would be a terrific asset in any organisation able to capture her services.
Chairman, Bespoke Hotels - www.bespokehotels.com
I have know Judy for many years, as a colleague, as a consultant and, and as a client in her representation role at RAM (when I was at Rocco Forte Hotels Head office). Judy is great at building long term relationships and has an impressive list of contacts across the C&I spectrum. She is also adept at working on short term projects to deliver results for hotels, DMC's and convention centres.
MD Exeter International UK office
Ram Organisation came highly recommended to me from several DMC,s here in Greece. Judy Till and her team have total of over 30 years of experience within the Hotel and Mice industry, offering The Margi professional sales and marketing representation throughout the UK. Ram Organisation is friendly and fun and a pleasure to work with and really got to understand our product.
CEO The Margi Hotel
Judy Till is the most knowledgeable and professional person I have ever had the pleasure to do business with. She does exactly what she says she'll do, on time, and on budget. She's great. Use her, you won't be disappointed.
Director- GASP EVENTS!
I've known and worked with Judy for the past twenty years (we both started when we were so young!) and she is a genuine professional of the Meetings and Conference Industry with a great understanding of the events business.
A true 'People Person' who sets the highest standards in all the work that she does.....it is a pleasure to work with her.
MD - The Conference People
I have known Judy for a number of years and had the good fortune of using the services of her company on a number of occasions when planning events. I have also attended a number of educational visits arranged by Judy to some of the venues and destinations that she represents and without exception they have all been expertly arranged and given me the opportunity of witnessing first hand the options that the destination could offer to my clients. Coupled with this she is honest, trustworthy, knowledgeable and extremely professional and gives honest and impartial advice on destinations and venues. She has an excellent understanding of the industry and I am delighted to have the opportunity of recommending her.
Judy has a passion for the events industry, her product knowledge and experience are second to none. Always ready to give good, helpful advice, I would highly recommend her.
MD Activate - Previously MD W&O events and Eclipse Conference Mgmt
Judy & co at RAM have established one of the most effective MICE marketing & representation agencies in the UK today. They work tirelessly in finding the right angles to pitch for their clients, stay very well-connected/informed and maintain a genuinely dedicated, ''smart" service to DMC/hotel & agency alike - very nice people to work with as well; highly recommended!
Director - Creative Direction
Judy is someone I have known for many years in the industry. She is always knowledgable, helpful and easy to work with, she promotes her portfolio well and ensure she keeps her clients up to date. I would have no problem in recommending her.
Judy is always cheerful, enthusiastic and helpful when we need to find event solutions. Her industry experience helps her quickly understand our needs, and her input is invariably reliable and appropriate.
A consummate professional, I wholeheartedly recommend Judy and her agency RAM as being among the best supplier partners in our industry.
Travel Impact / T1 Consultants - www.t1-consult.com